Sunday, January 13, 2013

Berry Berry Citrus Smoothie


Here's a recipe I made for a smoothie - which I find to be very delicious.

Ingredients needed:
3/4 cups fresh Raspberries
3 big fresh Strawberries
1 banana
5 scoops of Pomegranate/Blueberry sherbet
1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
1 1/2 tbsp honey
1/2 cup orange juice
3 tbsp vanilla yogurt (optional, its to thicken it)


You can add as much fresh fruit as you'd like - this is just what I used in my smoothie. Which served approximately 2 people. You can also use whatever ice cream/sherbet you want to use. I used trader Joe's Pomegranate Blueberry Sherbet (which is heavenly).

It came out pretty thin so add yogurt or your thickener of choice for more of a thick smoothie.



I added orange juice last minute to the smoothie because I felt like it needed citrus. Which made a huge difference.



My brother was weird and wanted the smoothie in a wine glass. And if you know me I love to add paper umbrellas to everything edible. The recipe made more than this, I just wanted to use a small glass so I put the rest of the smoothie in another bigger glass. That smoothie was good haha.

I used a food processor which was very messy, I wish I remembered we had a blender.


I wanted to add this photo because I took it yesterday as well - and I thought the lighting looked cool. Haha have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment