Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Daisy Pleather


I guess I never really post me - so here ya go.


Kind of blurry - but I love my makeshift belt! Its actually a leather belt that goes around a hat that my dad has. But I thought it was too irresistibly cute not to use in this outfit.


90's crop top - vintage
plaid maxi skirt - DIY
conch belt - vintage
booties - smartfit
daisy bracelet - DIY

Fun fact! I actually made this skirt. Maybe you can tell - maybe you can't. I fell in serious love with UNIF's Gwen skirt. It reminded me of some grunge princess. But no way in hell was I going to pay $100! It wasn't even hemmed. So the seamstress in me came out and took a ride down to Joann's. I found this fabric for $8/yd. And I immediately thought this would look super cute as a maxi skirt!

So after 20-30 minutes I produced this lovely skirt. It was super easy but the belt loops I did by hand so it was kind of time consuming. Then I cut a big slit. Otherwise I'd feel like some amish/irish chick. I'm pretty proud of myself, actually. I used to make clothes for dolls (like five years ago) but this was the first thing I made for myself to wear. Patterns are for losers.

Excuse the fact that this is a shitty mirror photo.


I also made a cute little daisy bracelet that I'm now obsessed with!



Funny story about these shoes (that I wore today).
They're actually some boots from a LONG time ago. Size 2W hahahaha. They magically fit on my feet and I have no idea how. But they're super cute and comfy so IDGAF!


No comments:

Post a Comment